Director of Hockey
Berkshire HA are actively seeking a Director of Hockey to join the county.
This is a role that will suit a motivated individual who is looking to build a lasting legacy.
Berkshire Hockey is a member of the Southern Counties Hockey Association and works with England Hockey to facilitate involvement in hockey for junior players of all ages and abilities, via the Player Pathway.
We run the first two tiers (Development Centre and Academy Centre) of the Player Pathway programme for junior players from hockey clubs and schools, many of these players go on to represent Berkshire in the South Academy Centre Championships. In addition, Berkshire Hockey co-ordinates county-wide tournaments and events in partnership with local clubs and schools.
The Director of Hockey role would be to oversee the whole coaching set up at the County from the first tier (Development Centre) on the England Hockey Player Pathway, during the course of the sessions, to the end of the second tier (Academy Centre).
The commitments as Director of Hockey can be spread over the working week as agreed.
You will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of the County development programme including the following:
- Coaching across all levels of the County including: recruitment (along with the committee), continued training, and long term coaching strategy.
- Co coordinating with local schools and to ensure the County is well known in the area and the automatic option for local school children.
- Working with the management committee around the long term strategy of the County.
- Strong background in Hockey coaching with experience at multiple levels- county/clubs.
- Passion for hockey and desire to grow and develop a County programme.
- Knowledge of recruitment and retention tactics.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
To apply please contact the County President Joan Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.