Director of Hockey
Camberley & Farnborough HC are actively seeking a Director of Hockey to join the club.
This is a newly created role and will suit a motivated individual who is looking to build a lasting legacy.
We are a mid-sized club based on the Surrey – Hampshire border with 5 Men’s teams and 3 Women’s teams along with a thriving colts section. Our women’s teams all play in the Surrey League’s while our men’s section are split between Surrey and Hampshire with our M1’s playing in the Hampshire/Surrey Regional 2 of the South Hockey League.
The Director of Hockey role would be to oversee the whole coaching set up at the Club from our large junior section through to adult section while building up player numbers across all levels and ages. The commitments as Director of Hockey can be spread over the working week as agreed (although please note adult training is Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, colts’ training is Friday evenings and Sundays).
You will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of the club development programme including the following:
- Coaching across all levels of the club including: recruitment (along with the committee), continued training, and long term coaching strategy
- Co coordinating with local schools and businesses to ensure the club is well known in the area and the automatic option for local school children
- Player recruitment and retention throughout the club
- Organising hockey camps and events throughout the year including both internal and external
- Working with management committee around the long term strategy of the club
- Strong background in Hockey coaching with experience at multiple clubs/schools/university’s
- Passion for hockey and desire to grow and develop a club
- Knowledge of recruitment and retention tactics
- Strong planning and organization skills