Mens 1st Team Head Coach/Player Coach
After highly successful season, and winning promotion to South League Premier 2, Maidenhead HC Men’s 1s have an exciting new vacancy for experienced hockey coach or player/coach.
The club and players have created a plan to target promotion into South Hockey League Premier Division 1 for the coming season.
Role responsibilities include:
- Plan, lead and deliver Mens senior squad training and match day preparation
- Manage and attend Mens 1st team match day fixtures as head coach/player coach.
- Mens 1st team match day squad selection with support from Mens 1st team captain.
- Liaise with team captains and Mens Section leadership team as appropriate on player selection, retention and development.
- Develop and support club coaches as appropriate.
- Ad hoc advice to club committee on coaching strategy, coach development and policy
The ideal candidate will have:
- Essential: Minimum 5 years’ hockey coaching experience.
- Of which minimum 2 years’ hockey coaching experience at regional level or higher.
- Essential: EH Level 2 coaching qualification, or equivalent
- EH Level 3 coaching qualification, or equivalent is desirable.
- Highly Desirable: Demonstrable track record of player development at National and/or junior performance centre level.
- Highly Desirable: National league level coaching or playing experience.
The Maidenhead Men’s senior squad are highly ambitious and have an excellent ability level with many of the current players having previous experience at a South and National level. The team successfully won MBBO Region 1 last season and want to take this positive momentum into 2019/2020 season.
The successful candidate will be competitively compensated, based on experience and qualifications.