Veterans Hockey Tournament
Jun 14-16 2019
Dear hockey enthusiasts,
It is a great pleasure for us to invite you to our international hockey tournament for Veterans (Over 35’s!). We are planning to host both women's and men's teams.
The tournament will take place in Sonning, Reading (west of London) from 14 to 16 June 2019.
The key dates:
• Friday 14 June: Welcoming the teams from 12:00 noon, with drinks and bar food available. We are also planning friendly mixed hockey during the afternoon, depending on numbers and appetite!
In the evening you can join us at the club bar or choose an optional trip to the famous theatre "The Mill" on the Thames, where dinner and a play is on offer.
• Saturday 15 June: Tournament starts at 10:00 with the games being played until 16:30 with a break for lunch. In the evening, there will be a BBQ with musical entertainment until late.
• Sunday 16 June: Tournament continues (all teams involved), followed by a break with lunch then the semis, finals and the awards ceremony.
The teams and rules:
• 11 players on the field per team with a minimum squad of 11 and a maximum of 15. (If you have less than the minimum squad of 11 please let us know in advance and we will look to support you with our local players).
• The duration of the game is 2 x 20 minutes per game.
• Age: All players must be over the age of 35 but up to 2 younger players are permitted providing that the sum of the ages of the 11 players on the field is a minimum of 440 years!
• Ability: We are aligned to a good hockey standard with a great atmosphere both on and off the field.
• Please have at least one player who is able to whistle one or two games during the tournament.
• Sonning is close to mainstream hotels and quaint smaller hotels with country-style bed and breakfast that can easily be "Googled." We can help you search and book on request and have provided a short list and prices in the tournament leaflet.
• Berkshire County Sports and Sonning Hockey Club also allows camping on site, with 24/7 toilet and shower facilities, simply bring your tent or camper van. This is, of course, free of charge.
• Breakfast will be available for an additional charge (please select as required on the booking form).
• £95 per person includes: Welcome drinks on Friday, Saturday morning tea/coffee, lunch, barbecue and evening entertainment, Sunday morning tea/coffee and lunch. Plus a great weekend of Hockey and Fun!
The club bar and café are open during the tournament where additional drinks, food and snacks may be purchased.
If you still have questions: Please email the Organising Committee (see below), and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
We hope to receive your answers soon – please complete the attached booking form.
Sonning Organising Committee.